Friday, February 13, 2009

"Sandy Says..."

Laurie, a regular at the dog park with Portia, her lovely beagle, wrote this wonderful poem for Sandy and read it at the celebration of Sandy's life on February 7.

My arms are spread wide, my joys they abound
My face to the sun, there’s warmth all around
Daydreaming of puppies, gentle waves at my feet
So free and so light, no more barriers to meet

I see the group now, my friends and my loves

Two and four legged, with shoes on.. or paws
Lavender and purple such a sight to behold
I’m a bit overwhelmed, truth to be told

Don’t worry, don’t cry, be happy for me
The world was my oyster and always will be
When one has known kinship and sweet friends, as I
With memories so special, it’s never good-bye

COME, SIT on my bench and STAY for a while
Put your face to the sky and give a big smile
Remember my laughter, my spirit this day
I’m right there beside you…it’s OK… now, go PLAY

No comments: